Friday, July 29, 2011

No Internet for 24 Hours...

So, the other night I was thinking about the computer and how much time I have spent on it lately.
It's way too much!!!
So I decided to take 24 hours off my computer. It's sad to say, but it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Not only did I not get on the internet, but that also meant no editing! Which is not a good thing, when that is your business.
I just felt like I needed to be productive in my house and spend quality time with my daughter. So, with this mission in mind I had to set some guidelines to help myself succeed.
1. Any time I thought of something to do on the computer I would list them on paper so I didn't forget and I could do it 'tomorrow'.
2. If I don't charge my computer (because it almost constantly needs charging with all the programs I am running, usually) then it will be harder to just jump on and off.
3. If i felt an urge to get on it, I would clean something else. I wouldn't let myself sit and think about the computer and everything I had to do.
4. I would play with my daughter and have fun with her.
(And we had so much fun!... I mean who could resist that face?)
She is such a smiler and loves the camera (which is good, because I think she thinks it's part of my face.)

She is a mover and a shaker and I don't foresee it slowing down anytime soon.



Let me just say, it was one of the most productive and fun days I have had in a while. I was so excited when the day was over, and not because I could use my computer 'tomorrow', but because I felt accomplished in more ways than just photography wise.
I loved hearing my daughter laugh at me chasing her, and talk/babble to me while we were playing house (almost like she was bossing me around).
It was satisfying to see all my laundry and dishes done. To see my kitchen and living area clean and livable.

I know I will have to do this more often (but not so much that I loose my sanity!)

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment