Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Breakfast, kiddo, and responsibilities.

Okay, so I am not much of a blogger, but I do love to talk and if I can't see you face to face then this is the next best thing.
This adventure is flying by. I feel like it was just yesterday that we started our business, and I feel like there is so much more for me to learn.
Like the fact that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day". I have heard that all my life and it never stuck. I don't know why, but I just don't believe it. I have some very important dinners and lunches, and I feel like they go by the wayside. I kind of feel bad for them. I want them to get as much recognition as breakfast does.

I know that this sounds silly, but I haven't really found my favorite breakfast. I have eating so many things, but nothing has come close to making me want it every morning. I just can't imagine waking up and wanting to eat the same things over and over again (ie. cereal, eggs, oatmeal...).
Side story... I just realized this morning while rummaging through my fridge to make a cream cheese bagel, that the other day when I was in a hurry to make something to eat and go. I made a bagel and cream cheese. I was in a hurry so I slapped it together and wrapped it in a paper towel. It stayed in the car for a while (it was like 92 degrees that day) and when I came back out I remembered it. I was so hungry so I just decided to eat it. Within the first bite I knew something was slightly off, but I was too hungry to care. Well, back to this morning rummaging through the fridge to find the open container of cream cheese I opened that day. I couldn't find the open container... Where could it be. I have two unopened ones and then I saw it... The open container of SOUR CREAM! I  was shocked. I thought surely I would have realized I ate a bagel with SOUR CREAM on it. That's when I remembered I was too hungry that day to care what I was eating!!! Oh man, of all the things I have ever eaten that were horrible for me, this has to top them all!
wow, major rabbit hole... If I have grossed you out too much, I hope you can keep reading...
I have a little one, if you don't know by now. She is such a blessing. She is so easy to deal with and just lately she has learned some sign language so now she can tell my what she needs without making such a fuss. I really recommend that each parent teach some basic signs (that children can pick up easier than you will know). She is such a smarty and I am so proud. She hasn't learned to walk yet, and I still get asked "wow, she isn't walking yet, well so-and-so was already walking and talking at her age"... All I have to say is, She will when she is ready. She doesn't find a need to walk now, and I am just loving still being able to chase her and win. I know when she learns to walk it will be much more difficult to follow after her.
She is also the biggest monster to our dog. She teases him and beats him up, but he is just glad that she feeds him human food (something we are trying to stop). For the most part they get along great, and he is very loving for someone who is tortured daily.

Well, if you know me at all you know I have many responsibilities. My life requires much of me, and so far it's nothing I can't handle (of course Jesus is a big factor in handling those for me). Lately we have been opening our brand of photography to grow the business, and it's been interesting. I feel at more of a peaceful place with the business and it seems to be opening up to great clientele. I can't imagine doing anything else right now. I just love being able to meet all these amazing people.
Most of the responsibilities come from this business, and I am fine with it.

I know that rambling on and on without an image to break up the monotony is rather cumbersome, but bear with me, I will reward you in the end.
So, the latest session I did, was actually a favor for a friend. I attended her baby shower the other week and took my camera along to 'practice', also I wanted to give her some shots of everything so she could remember the day. I loved the theme... bugs. They did such a great job with it. So as not to tease you anymore, here are some of the shots I took...
These bug strawberries were so adorable...

All of the food had something to do with bugs, which would otherwise sound gross, but it was super cute!

These are all the lovely ladies that attended

Such a cute way to display the name of the baby!

Hope you enjoyed the sneak peek, and the rest of the album is up on the website if you would like to see more. 

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment