Sunday, April 10, 2011

365 Project/Day 9 "TIME"

"TIME"


So contemplating my life here in England I always come back to the same subject, Time. We never have enough of it, we are always trying to save it, we let it slip away without knowledge that it's happening, and we always try to figure out what to do with it. Time can be our best friend or our worst enemy. 
I know my time is not always well spent. Sometime I wish I served the Lord better with my time, but in the end I know He uses my time no matter how I spend it. In reflecting on time these past couple months, I realize that time does seem to go faster when you are not paying attention, even though we all know that's not true. And then when you want time to go faster, it just seems to drag on.
With this being said, there are also times when you want time to stand still and fast forward at the same time. I know with the last couple months I have been in this category. I love living in England. It's like nothing else in the world and I wouldn't trade my time here for anything, but I have also missed my family and friends back home so much. I have missed birthdays and holidays that I will never get back. For the most part I try not to ponder on lost time, but I can't help but reminisce about my time spent here. 
I have made some of the best friends a girl could ask for. I will always remember them, and we will hopefully meet again in the future. I have also hated to miss my families lives. I want to be there for everyone I have ever known, but I know that is an impossibility. 
My life has been changed by each person that God has brought into my life and I am who I am because of the things I have learned from all of them. 
So we ask ourselves "where did the time go?" "how did my little one get this big?" "when did I get this old?" "where did all this crap come from that I have accumulated?" 
These questions and many others make us reflect on what time we have spent and what time we have left. I know lately I have come to realize that no matter whether you dwell on the past or look forward to the future, time will keep going no matter what. Enjoy the time you have with your family. Make every moment count for something. Share who you are others, so when your time is up, you will have a legacy to leave behind. Follow the Lord with all your heart and your time will not be wasted. 
These and many other similar statements are wise words from the 'antique' people we have in our lives. I know I will cherish these words and hold them in my heart. 

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment