Monday, June 17, 2013

The Hiatus

The BIG Plan

The longest hiatus I have taken from photography yet. Don't get me wrong, I still took a ton of photos, but they weren't sessions for clients they were for my family and helped me get back to understanding who I am as a photographer. 


I enjoyed my time away and what really brought me back was second shooting a wedding for a friend. It made me realize how much I needed to recommit myself to my craft and get back into the swing of photography. The hardest part is my path or calling, whatever you want to call it, from the Lord. I feel like I am called to be both a stay at home mother and a photographer. So, with my family just being created and a necessity to  raise my children, I am torn to complete both tasks in a timely manner. I want to say I have it all figured out and that I can now give advice on how to be both, but I can't I am still in the muck of it and hanging on strong. 
My plan for this season is to challenge myself to grow in both areas of calling. I want to see if I can organize my life enough to balance mommyhood and working from home. The reason I am admitting such a hefty plan on the blog is because it may somehow keep me accountable to know that someone is listening along the way.
This is the ultimate of tests for me because I can pin a big game on Pinterest about organization and I have great ideas that never come to fruition, so we will see how long it takes me to have this whole thing figured out.

Family Comes First

I have some ground rules for myself with this little mission. If something is going to falter its going to have to be my photography, because family failure is not an option. I love what I do, but not at the expense of loosing everything I love. 
My babies make me smile and my husband is the greatest. I couldn't do any of this without them. Since we are expecting our third little one in November, it may take a bit longer than I would hope, but I know I can do it.


I will end my hiatus with an image from a recently edited wedding. It's especially special because it's my sisters wedding and I just happen to have the honor of shooting it.



-Page

No comments:

Post a Comment