Monday, June 21, 2010

First Steps (crafts)




First attempt...

This is the first blanket I have ever made. I saw similar blankets and thought that it looked rather easy to assemble, Boy was I wrong. It took me several attempts to pin the darn thing, and then I had to resew some of the pining. It did end up turning out pretty good, and I am glad, because it's for my new little one on the way. I am sure she wouldn't have minded if it was a disaster, but I would have.



Second attempt...

I was more daring on the second attempt. I found some new fabric that I loved and I wanted to try it. My friend is having twins and she found out it's a boy and a girl... What a perfect start to the family. So I wanted to make her matching blankets for them, and they turned out even better than the first one. I loved them, so it was hard to give them up, but I did it. She loved them too, so that made things easier. I found the mistakes that I made with the first one, didn't happen with the others. So that made it easier to want to do more. Now I am getting requests from people for blankets, even from people without kids... they want one for future kids. It's very inspiring.

So, my first two attempts went well, and I have many more to come. I am in the process of crocheting a blanket for personal use, and so far I am loving it. I didn't realize how much yarn I would need though and I am about to run out... so next online buy will be for more yarn to finish the creation.

I am hoping to get some more blankets made, and start selling them online. I love one of a kind, hand made things... so I know others will appreciate them too. So keep your eyes open for that link to a shop for purchase.


-P

No comments:

Post a Comment